The University Appointments and Promotions Committee (UAPC) provides advice to the Provost in relation to academic positions, appointments, confirmations and promotions, as required by the Human Resources Delegations in the Vice-Chancellor's Delegations Manual.
Terms of Reference
The committee’s terms of reference are outlined in the Academic Appointment, Performance and Promotion Policy. In accordance with this policy, UAPC also:
- Recommends to the Provost an outcome regarding a decision to appoint without advertising and appointing by invitation (fixed-term and continuing Level E);
- Reports successful Level E appointments and promotions to the Academic Board; and
- Receives reports (for information) on appointments through recruitment processes for honorary Level E appointments of full professors:
- at a Group of Eight, Universitas 21, Asia Pacific Rim Universities, China 9 group institution; or
- at an institution ranked, in the last three years, in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) top 100 institutions; or
- who are recognised as a Level E equivalent by the NH&MRC or ARC; or
- who are members of the following learned academies: Australian Academy of the Humanities, Australian Academy of Science, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Academy of Social Sciences in Australia. The Royal Society, The British Academic, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, American Academy of Arts and Letters, American Academy of Political and Social Science.
Decisions made by the Provost, on the advice of UAPC, are reported to Council on an annual basis.
Professor James McCluskey, Acting Provost – (Chair)
Professor Gregor Kennedy, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)
Professor Janet Hergt, President of the Academic Board, Faculty of Science
Professor Mark Hargreaves, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Acting
Professor Andrew Kenyon, Vice-President of the Academic Board, Melbourne Law School
Professor Jenny Morgan, Melbourne Law School
Professor Lesley Head, Faculty of Science
Professor Deli Chen, Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
Professor Mark Cook, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
Professor Sandra Kentish, Melbourne School of Engineering
Professor Helen Cahill, Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Professor Gillian Wigglesworth, Faculty of Arts
Ms Melissa Brady, Business Services
Ms Susan Slattery, Business Services
UAPC nominees are selected and invited by the Provost, on the advice of UAPC, to serve as members of FAPCs.
For queries about UAPC, please contact email@example.com.
Meeting Dates 2021
|Meeting Date||Papers required by (forward to firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Tuesday 23 February
|Tuesday 9 February|
Tuesday 16 March
Tuesday 2 March
Tuesday 20 April
Tuesday 6 April
Tuesday 18 May
Tuesday 4 May
Tuesday 15 June
Tuesday 1 June
Tuesday 20 July
Tuesday 6 July
Tuesday 17 August
Tuesday 3 August
Tuesday 21 September
Tuesday 7 September
Tuesday 5 October LEVEL E PROMOTIONS
Tuesday 14 September (all Level E promotion cases - all faculties)
Tuesday 5 October (General UAPC cases)
Tuesday 12 October LEVEL E PROMOTIONS
Tuesday 19 October GENERAL + LEVEL E PROMOTIONS
Tuesday 16 November
Tuesday 2 November
Tuesday 14 December
Tuesday 30 November
Melbourne Enterprise Professors and Fellows
Melbourne Enterprise Professor and Fellow appointments facilitate and recognise industry leaders and experts at the University.
There are four Melbourne Enterprise appointment types:
Enterprise appointments are highly selective to ensure appointees bring distinctive knowledge and skills that would be otherwise unavailable to the institution. Professorial-level Enterprise appointments are highly distinguished positions.