The University Appointments and Promotions Committee (UAPC) provides advice to the Provost in relation to academic positions, appointments, confirmations and promotions, as required by the Human Resources Delegations in the Vice-Chancellor's Delegations Manual.
Terms of Reference
The committee’s terms of reference are outlined in the Academic Appointment, Performance and Promotion Policy. In accordance with this policy, UAPC also:
- Recommends to the Provost an outcome regarding a decision to appoint without advertising and appointing by invitation (fixed-term and continuing Level E);
- Reports successful Level E appointments and promotions to the Academic Board; and
- Receives reports (for information) on appointments through recruitment processes for honorary Level E appointments of full professors:
- at a Group of Eight, Universitas 21, Asia Pacific Rim Universities, China 9 group institution; or
- at an institution ranked, in the last three years, in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) top 100 institutions; or
- who are recognised as a Level E equivalent by the NH&MRC or ARC; or
- who are members of the following learned academies: Australian Academy of the Humanities, Australian Academy of Science, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Academy of Social Sciences in Australia. The Royal Society, The British Academic, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, American Academy of Arts and Letters, American Academy of Political and Social Science.
Decisions made by the Provost, on the advice of UAPC, are reported to Council on an annual basis.
Professor Mark Considine, Provost – (Chair)
Professor Richard James, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic and Undergraduate)
Professor Nilss Olekalns, President, Academic Board
Professor James McCluskey, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), Chancellery
Professor Janet Hergt, Vice-President of the Academic Board, Faculty of Science
Professor Jenny Morgan, Melbourne Law School
Professor Lesley Head, Faculty of Science
Professor Deli Chen, Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
Professor Mark Cook, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
Professor Sandra Kentish, Melbourne School of Engineering
Professor Lesley Farrell, Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Professor Gillian Wigglesworth, Faculty of Arts
Ms Marissa Mitrione, Finance and Employee Services
Ms Holly Davis, Chancellery (Academic & International)
UAPC nominees are selected and invited by the Provost, on the advice of UAPC, to serve as members of FAPCs.
For queries about UAPC, please contact email@example.com.
Meeting Dates 2018
|Tuesday 19 February|
|Tuesday 19 March|
|Tuesday 16 April|
|Tuesday 21 May|
|Tuesday 25 June|
|Tuesday 16 July|
|Tuesday 20 August|
|Tuesday 17 September|
|Tuesday 1 October|
|Tuesday 8 October|
|Tuesday 15 October|
|Tuesday 19 November|
|Tuesday 17 December|
Melbourne Enterprise Professors and Fellows
Melbourne Enterprise Professor and Fellow appointments facilitate and recognise industry leaders and experts at the University.
There are four Melbourne Enterprise appointment types:
Enterprise appointments are highly selective to ensure appointees bring distinctive knowledge and skills that would be otherwise unavailable to the institution. Professorial-level Enterprise appointments are highly distinguished positions.