Strengthening Engagement and Achievement in Mathematics and Science (SEAMS) is an exciting opportunity for students to connect, interact, be inspired and discover the possibilities maths and science have to offer. The program, run in partnership with Monash University, aims to increase equitable participation and attainment in science and maths-related disciplines in higher education.
Preparing for higher education
- Creating new opportunities for Indigenous students in early secondary school to experience challenging and deeply engaging mathematics and science in a culturally supportive environment, with the aim of encouraging these students to pursue mathematics and science to senior secondary level and into tertiary level.
- Enhancing the engagement and attainment of students in senior secondary mathematics and science, to increase equitable achievement in these fields and boost access to a range of university courses in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) areas.
- VCE students nominated by their school, enrolled in Maths Methods and one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- VCE students with an Indigenous background completing Maths Methods and one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- Indigenous students in Years 8, 9 and 10 with an interest in maths and science
The University of Melbourne
Senior Residential Camps
Year 11 - Melbourne University
29 June to 1 July 2016
Year 12 - Monash University
5-7 July 2016
Indigenous Early Years Residential Camp
Years 8, 9 and 10 - Monash University
10-12 July 2016
How do I apply?
All applicants must be nominated by their school. If you live in Victoria and will be studying Maths Methods and at least one of Chemistry or Physics in 2016, please ask your teacher or year level coordinator to contact us.