(including the Peter McPhee Awards)
The Student Engagement Grant Program (including the Peter McPhee Student Awards) supports engagement activities led by students which:
- address important social, economic, environmental or cultural issues.
- Provide skills and leadership development opportunities for students.
- Initiate and implement constructive change in the local, national or international community.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop their social and civic responsibilities.
- Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration.
Outstanding applications will be considered for a Peter McPhee Student Award or the Pulse Credit Union Student Engagement Grant.
Basics of Fundraising: Writing and Seeking Grants
This 2-hour workshop presented by GSA and the University of Melbourne (Student Success) is designed to create awareness of the basics of fundraising, the skills and knowledge you need to better fund your ideas and be a leader in your community. You will learn how to find grants, understand them, work with people, and write and present the best possible grant applications as part of an overall funding strategy to take your project from idea to reality. Come along and meet other grant seekers.
When: To be confirmed
Where: To be confirmed
Guidelines and selection criteria
Outlined in the application process, and are available for download:
download2017 Student Engagement Grant Program Guidelines and Selection Criteria
(including the Peter McPhee Student Awards)
- Student Engagement Grant Program Applicant Budget Template
- Student Engagement Grant Program Guide to Assist Mentors
- Student Engagement Grant Program Mentor Endorsement Form
- Student Engagement Grant Program Partner Endorsement Form
- Student Engagement Grant Recipients
Requests of between $1000 and $5000 will be considered for funding by the Selection Committee.
Please review the Guidelines and Selection Criteria.
How to apply
Please use the online application tool to submit your grant application. All Applications must be submitted online, by 5.00pm on Monday 2 October to be eligible for consideration.
Please address your queries to:
Project Officer – Engagement
Phone: + 61 3 8344 7267